Thursday, September 15, 2011

Slow or just beginning?

Have you ever read something online just becaue the title sounded intriguing then 20 some odd minutes later realized you read every post associated with the initial question?

Happens to me all the time. No wonder I am always at a loss as to where the time went.

This morning was no different. I was checking my email when I came across and email from Active.com and the article titled "Anyone as slow as me?" Active.com is a website dedicated to runners - they sponsor different races and activities, they give advice on running and they have a forum for people to post questions and the like.

The article title intrigued me simply because I often feel that there isn't a runner out there as slow as I am. Everyone I know is faster (even my 70-something uncle.) So, with my curiosity piqued I began reading. It was entertaining. In the original post (found here) the person indicates that she must be the slowest penguin on earth and asks if anyone is as slow as she is and if she should be worried about her time since she really just began running. The following comments are encouraging and fun.

There were a couple of quotes that I really liked. Here they are:

"Excruciatingly Slow Finish beats Did Not Finish, which beats Did Not Start." posted by DawnHMK
"Dear God, Please let there be someone behind me to read this." also posted by DawnHMK
and "I love when the podcasts say "if you get tired don't stop running just slow down your pace".....ummm, if I slowed down anymore I would be walking."  - posted by 1974mom

I really liked these quotes because I can so relate. They made me smile and that is always a great way to start the day.

2 comments: