Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Oxygen Women's Fitness | Training | Tone Your Triceps

I am always looking for effective, yet concise, exercises to tone my upper body - especially those troublesome triceps. I don't have a gym membership so anything I can do at home is a plus.

I know that push-ups are one of the absolute best exercises to tone the entire body, but one can only do so many before she get bored/tired of the exercise (even with all the variations). And who wants to do endless tricep dips?

So, when I was perusing the new Oxygen Magazine website, I was excited to see the following article...

Oxygen Women's Fitness Training Tone Your Triceps

Everything looked completely do-able at home. I would make some minor variations to the exercises since I don't really have the same equipment. I do however have a step bench that I routinely use as a weight bench, so I would use that for the close grip push-up (maybe even do those flat on the floor).

I also do not have a cable machine, but I do have resistance bands and a convenient adpater (a loop) that I place at the top of a door jamb and close the door. This would simulate the same moves. I would probably have to choke up on the bands to get enough resistance, but it would get the job done.

The third exercise is a seated overhead dumbbell extension. This is a move I use frequently. I will sometimes double up the weights in my hand to give me more resistance (since I have only so many dumbbells and only so much room to store them). I have even been known to use a 'stretchy-band' to give resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment