Thursday, September 15, 2011

Running - Daily Mile

Today, I decided I would start tracking my runs. So, I joined Daily Mile. It will be a new experience for me since I tend to be on the shy side and don't really express myself in terms of sharing things with the 'world'. However, since I also decided to maintain a blog dedicated to me and what I do, I thought what the heck, I'll give this Daily Mile thing a go too.

I started running again, after a 10 year hiatis, back at the end of May 2011 in order to prepare for a 10K in July. I decided on a 10K for a couple of reasons: 1) It would help raise money for the North Memorial Cancer Center and 2) It was relatively cheap ($20 for 6 miles and 100% of the proceeds went to the Cancer Center) - a great deal in my book.

So, I set out trying to find a decent training application for my ipod touch. I finally stumbled upon Runner's World Smart Coach. It was very helpful. I enjoyed how easy the program was to use and the training schedule. I felt fairly confident the day of the race. However, I finished slower than I had wanted and walked waaay more than I had expected. All that said, it was a good time.

Here's to running.

2 comments: