Friday, September 16, 2011

My Birthday 9/9/2011

My birthday was a week ago today. I can't beleive how fast time files!

I thought I'd share a bit about my day. It started out beautiful. The sun was shining and the air was warm. I did my my workout and got ready for work. My children woke up without any problems and I was greeted warmly by my 16 year old with a hug and a Happy Birthday (after he realized that it was my birthday and not the day before).

I was given the opportunity to take some time off work that day, so I seized the opportunity. I was a bit giddy at the beginning of the day knowing that I'd only be at work for a short time and then I'd be free to enjoy the weekend. My boss surprised me by bringing me a beautiful bouquet of flowers - giant yellow daisies, I beleive. They are gorgeous and brighten up my office nicely.

It was finally time to leave and I was so excited to go home and be with my family. I got home and my husband greeted me with one dozen long-stemmed red roses and a box of Turtles (yumm-y). He then gathered me up and took me out for lunch and a surprise. We went to Noodle & Co for lunch - another favorite of mine - for something filling yet light since my oldest child was preparing dinner. I, of course, ordered the same thing I always get - not much for adventure with food when I find something that I absolutely love and it is consistently delicious!

After lunch, we went on a short driving tour (read as, husband got turned around and somewhat lost, found a couple of dead ends before realizing where he was and found his destination). We stopped at yet another of my favorite stores - Ulta. I didn't need any new make up or anything, but he likes to bring me there on occasion just in case I need something. We loitered and I looked and drooled over different items and new cosmetics. I was ready to go and said so, but my husband told me I needed to wait a little bit. I had no idea what was happening until a store associate come up to us and told us she was ready. I figured it was me who she was seeing, but I didn't know for what.

We followed her to the back of the store and there is when I realized I was about to have a salon service that was not a haircut. I was surprised and a little nervous and then delighted when I found out she was about to give me a facial. Awesome!

My husband accompanied me into the room, found himself a corner to sit in and I laid down on the table (much like a massage table). The technician covered me with a sheet and explained a little bit about what she was doing. She didn't talk much and I didn't ask any questions. It felt so good and relaxing. The product she put on my face felt so decadent and she used just the right amount of pressure throughout the entire facial. I was entranced by the continuous movement and the warmth of the room.

I was a bit sad when the time was up because it felt so incredible. My husband found the dazed look and glassy eyes to be a good sign and scheduled me for another facial at the end of the month! What an awesome afternoon.

My oldest son made a delicious breaded chicken (think chicken picata without the picata sauce) and pasta. Absolutely delicious.

The day ended a bit early since I hadn't slept well the entire week, the facial was entirely too relaxing and I had been up since before 5am. But what a completely satisfiying day. I loved every moment of it - and it still continues...

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fabulous birthday! I've never had a facial. I wonder if I would like it. I imagine I would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome. You enjoyed getting your lashes dyed, right? Well, for the most part. A facial is awesome. Gentle massage for the face, so relaxing. I think I fell asleep. You should totally give it a try (I suggest waiting for a coupon - makes the expense a bit more tolerable.)

    ReplyDelete