Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What is a Hapless Homemaker

The other day as I was doing research for work, I happened upon a very cute blog A Slob Comes Clean (http://www.aslobcomesclean.com/).

As I read through some of her posts, I thought: 'Wow! I can so relate.' That one thought inspired me to creat my own blog chronicling my unique approach to life and homemaking.

My take on homemaking can be related to this quote: 'Cleaning house with children at home is like shoveling the driveway while it's still snowing.'

I am hapless in that I don't think of myself as lucky or fortunate when it comes to being organized and clutter-free. I don't think I exemplify a good homemaker. I can clean and organize with the best of them, I just don't do it often enough. I feel as though I run out of time or more honestly, it can wait until tomorrow. This attitude lets me down. a lot. I am often embarrassed when people show up on my doorstep unannounced. I don't want people to come over and because I am embarrassed it's much easier to be gone than to deal with guilt. If I'm not home then no one can fault me for being messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment