Wednesday, March 9, 2011

30 Minutes to Fitness

I am a girl who really likes to get the most bang-for-her-buck, especially when it comes to exercise.

I normally don't have a spare hour to devote to exercise, so I am very appreciative for those awesome 30 -45 minute workouts.

The other day, I submitted myself to 30 minutes of a totally awesome workout. Kelly Coffey-Meyers' 30 Minutes to Fitness Cardio Burn. I was looking for a quick but completely effective shorter workout because once again I woke up late and felt I needed to do something.

I found Circuit Burn in a pile of exercise DVDs I hadn't done for quite sometime. I dusted off the DVD and put it in the player. I was on my way.

I chose to do a 'Pre-Mix', which is not normal, as I don't generally care for them, but this was good. Really good. I got a total body workout (including warm-up and cool-down) in under 33 minutes and I was pumped for the day.

The 'Pre-Mix' inspired me. I remembered how much I absolutely love working out with Kelly, so my next workout I did Workout 1 on the DVD. I think with warm-up and cool-down it was a bit shorter than the Pre-Mix, but still totally worth the effort.

Workout 1 takes you through a series of interval training. Kelly has you doing jumping jacks, boxing moves and heavy & lighter weight work. The moves are all pretty basic, but the combination of moves with different tempos really works the body.

Workout 2 (which I did this morning) is similar to Workout 1, but I thought it was not quite as high-impact and there was more lower body focus.

These workouts were definitely worth the time invested. They really came through in providing a quick yet effective workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment