Thursday, March 3, 2011

Customer Service

A few weeks ago I placed an order over the internet. The placement of the order went off without a hitch. I got my order confirmation and an expected to ship date in an email.

I thought; 'Awesome. I'm getting a great deal on product that I really like and I should have it in about 2 weeks.' I was excited to say the least.

As my luck would have it, I get an email from said company telling me they've cancelled my order due to some of the product I ordered being out-of-stock. I was sad. But there was light at the end of the tunnel, they sent another email indicating they re-entered my order and would be shipping the productst that were still in stock. I was happy. Didn't give it another thought.

2 weeks later, I still have not received my order. I have gotten no other emails letting me know that my product has shipped. I am still hopeful. A few more days go by and still nothing.

I decided to be proactive. I called said company asking if my order did indeed ship. I get this really nice girl on the other end of the line. She looks up my order information and proceeds to tell me that my order was cancelled. I explain that I knew that my 'original' order was cancelled, but that I had received another email telling me that a new order was entered for the other products and that my order would ship. The girl then tells me that she sees these transactions, but that she will need to check with her manager to find out if they will be shipping my order. What?!

I am not the happiest of people at this moment. I get a little huffy (at least in my brain I did). The girl tells me she will get back to me as soon as finds out what is happening with my order. I tell her that is fine. Now, I am expecting to be contacted (in a timely manner - say, same day) by either phone call or email. Nope.

2 days later I receive a phone call from the girl at said company to tell me that the items on my order have all been discontinued and are now out of stock and they will not be shipping. Fine. But here's the best part. In order to compensate me for the inconvenience, they are willing to offer me 'Free Expedited Shipping' if I want to order comparable, but brand new items. Now, I'm floored. I shake my head in disbelief and kindly tell the girl that I don't want to order right now and bid good-bye.

1 comment: