Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pilates

I am sure many of you have given Pilates a try. I am still unsure if I like it.

I have many Pilates exercise videos. I have given them all a try. But, I don't seem to be able to get my head into the program.

Every time I attempt to do the workout, I get down on myself. Things like this run through my mind: I'm quite sure that I haven't performed the move correctly. I don't look like the girl on the TV. Where am I supposed to be feeling this?

Even though, I don't quite enjoy the whole mind-breath-movement thing, I keep trying different Pilates workouts.

I tried it again this morning. I pulled out my 10 Minute Solution Quick Sculpt Pilates with Ball workout because it was only 10 minutes and that's really all the time I had. Quick Pilates Sculpt uses a small inflatable ball to help mimick a Pilates Reformer the instructor tell us.

I started with the Total Body Sculpt. Thinking I only had 10 minutes I wanted the most bang for my buck. My ball was a bit deflated so I had to inflate the ball in order to do the workout. I inflated the ball so it was firmer than it had been even before it became deflated and I feel the work more than I had previously.

It was encouraging. I decided that I had another 10 minutes to spare on a workout so I moved to the Standing Pilates section. I enjoyed this segment too. Today, it really challenged my balance.

20 minutes of workouts using the Pilates techinque and I felt like I did a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment