Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Things I am not good at

I am having a hard time believing it's March already. Where in the world did February go? My plan was to write at least once a month. So far, that hasn't happened. Maybe I can make up for it during the month of March. So, to start this month, I decided to use a writing prompt from Monday Listicles even though it's Wednesday.

Here goes:
Top Things I'm Not Good At

1) Completing projects. This is probably the thing I am the worst at. I like to start projects (sewing, crafts, remodels, etc), but I have a hard time finishing them. I think I like the process more than the finality of it all.



2) Keeping the house clean and tidy. I'm a slob. I admit it. I think I have hoarding tendencies too, which makes it quite hard to keep up on the daily little things that wind up being big things later.


3) Sharing ideas. I edit my thoughts continuously, so sharing what I think can bit a laborious. I will think I have a great idea, then I'll rethink it, edit it and then usually discard it. If I have the same (or similar) idea return more than once, I'll take that as a sign that I should go ahead and share. It's a very long, complicated process. (hopefully, trying to keep up on this blog will help that ;-))


4) Saying "No". I have a house full of items that I don't particularly want or need because of this. I also have the waistline to prove it.

5) Hand-eye coordination. This is a terrible thing to not have control of. It makes so many things very difficult. I like sports and participating in them. I however am not all that great at any of them because I have a very hard time matching what is happening with what I am supposed to be doing. (I also don't do anything the same way twice; holding a pencil, wielding a knife, shooting a puck, etc)


6) Listening. I always used to think I was a good listener, but then I realized that I am not. I can hear what you are saying, but will often be thinking of something else while you are talking or thinking of a comeback to say when there is a break.



7) Being on time. I like being on time. I just rarely am. I don't think I am more important than you, I have simply discovered that what happens in my head is not necessarily what happens in real time. I always have a plan and a specified time to leave so I make it on time, but for some reason I can lose 10 minutes from the door to the car.



8) Cooking without a recipe. As I mentioned before I rarely do the same thing twice, so I find it very difficult to cook without a recipe. I want the time I put into cooking to pay off and be delicious which makes recipes so very important to me which makes me a slave to my cookbooks and recipe files.


9) Making decisions. I don't ever want to be wrong, so if I don't make the decision then I cannot be blamed for it not going well.


4 comments:

  1. How fun that you joined in on Monday Listicles! Did you link up over at The Good Life?

    Great list! Or is that mean to say? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I didn't link up at The Good Life. I guess I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

      Delete
  2. I am so gla eyou fessed upto these because I can too. Specially the listening bit. Ashamed to admit but guilty! Lovely to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I am glad that you can relate. Makes me feel better about these realizations.

      Delete